fredag 6. november 2009

Kenya

I’m going to visit Kenya very soon! Kenya is a country in East-Africa. I’m so excited! I’ve never been there before, so I think it will be a culture shock because many say that it is so poor there, but I don’t know how it is before I’m actually there. We will find place at Kenya’s capital, Nairobi. It’s is around 2 500 000 inhabitants.

Safari!

Hi! We have been on a Safari! That was so much fun! Seeing incredible wild animals, like lions, zebras, giraffe, antelopes and elephants. You name it. I actually fed a leopard. That was scary, I thought the leopard would bite me and not the meat piece, haha! Our guide talked the Swahili English, that was a bit hard to understand when he gave us instructions and told us about the animals. He also said that the national day is 12 December for some reasons. Yeahyeah, good to know!




Kenya has a warm and tropical climate. So therefore, they have an animal-rich place. That means it is a popular place for tourism. Actually the highest temperature is over 35 degrees, and the hottest months are from November-February. The coldest months are from July-August. It is opposed too Norwegian wether.

Dancing!

Sadly, this is our last day at Kenya. We visited a local village. The people there were so nice and polite! They made us a typical Kenya- dish, lamb with cabbage. It tasted pretty good actually.

After dinner, they taught us how to dance. It was in the evening, it was dark, and lots of big candles everywhere and drums! It was a proper atmosphere. We had a lot of fun, and it is something we won’t forget!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar